|Title:||Business Intelligence Analyst|
Business Intelligence Analyst
****Located at Madonna University
Works in close collaboration with University Faculty and Staff to provide high-quality, accurate, timely and actionable business intelligence in support of the University’s mission, across the entire student life cycle. Leverages existing reporting and business intelligence (BI) tools, and will also participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of new tools as required to support the information needs of the University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate BI and reporting needs, determine the best solution, work with faculty and staff to document requirements, convert those requirements to functional specifications and working solutions.
- Analyzes process and data flows, using data-driven approaches to help streamline university business processes.
- Work with faculty and staff to create test plans for BI solutions.
- Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft tools including SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (5515), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), which are used to support processes for Student Accounts, Business Office, Financial Aid, Registration, Blackboard, Active Directory and Admissions functions.
- Ability to create and maintain SQL and SQL objects such as tables, queries (select, update, insert, and delete), views, triggers, multiple databases, stored procedures, jobs, and schedules.
- Creation and delivery of high-quality, accessible documentation, instructional materials and end user training for BI and related system solutions.
- Assist in resolving problems related to the university's ERP systems.
- Attends Information Technology meetings and participates in assignments as needed to support the team plans. Provide other IT support and administration duties as required.
- Understands Jenzebar EX database
- Understanding of SQL databases
- Has reporting experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Business or information systems-related Bachelor's degree (BA) from four-year College or university; Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in writing documentation, reports, presentations, and conveying results of projects.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents. Ability to write reports, procedure manuals and documentation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from end users. Responds effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Promotes active listening with team members. Contributes appropriately to conversations. Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.